Friday, May 30, 2014

If I Tweeted - May 2014

I don't, you know.  But, if I did, here's what was on my mind this month.

#LenSpeaks There is a stigma now with the word "hashtag."  Funny because I loved my grandmother's roast beef hash.

#LenSpeaks  A tweet can have too many characters.   Just like my life.

#LenSpeaks  Watching the Kentucky Derby, it was won by California Chrome.
I thought that was a West Coast search engine.

#LenSpeaks   With all the changes in our world, it's good to see that jockeys are still short.

#LenSpeaks  Obama came to California again and I was trapped two blocks from my house for ninety minutes.

#LenSpeaks   One more time, I will vote for the Presidential candidate who promises to stay away from me.

#LenSpeaks  Why do I think that the Obama kids are going to wind up with show biz careers?

#LenSpeaks  Everybody tells me they're growing up normal.   Er, normal and fucking rich.

#LenSpeaks  So, Hillary is automatically our next President just because she lost the last nomination??

#LenSpeaks  Get a load of her new glasses.  I thought they stopped making glass Coke bottles.

#LenSpeaks  Hubby Bill says Hillary was out of commission for six months due to illness.   That's not a sinus infection.

#LenSpeaks  And, if she really was out of the mix for six months, Bill must have had a good old time.

#LenSpeaks  No waitress in Pleasantville was safe.

#LenSpeaks  And, oh, Monica Lewinsky is back talking again.   Jeez, just reimburse her for the dry cleaning and be done with it.

#LenSpeaks  There's a special committee now to investigate Benghazi.   And, if it were the Republicans doing the cover-up, there would have been impeachments by now.

#LenSpeaks  The only good politician is an out-of-work politician.

#LenSpeaks  Jack Bauer is back and I only wish he were real.

#LenSpeaks  Bill Devane is the new President on 24.   He's a little confused and addled.  Essentially an improvement over the real guy.

#LenSpeaks  The best thing about my blog is that there is no season finale.

#LenSpeaks   The last time Monica Lewinsky was relevant, so was American Idol.

#LenSpeaks  So, in 13 years of Idol, they produced one real idol.   Carrie Underwood.

#LenSpeaks  California Chrome won the Preakness and I still think it's a West Coast search engine.

#LenSpeaks  In New York, I went through Grand Central Station and it now looks like that market you see in the movie "Casablanca."

#LenSpeaks  The sign at the Metro North station says "Good Service Today."   That's a little judgmental, I think.

#LenSpeaks  Downtown Yonkers is now full of lovely lofts and apartment buildings.   It's a shame you still can't walk the streets around them.

#LenSpeaks  A selling point of these properties is that they are "ghetto close."

#LenSpeaks  One of the amenities on the prospectus is "nearby hookers."

#LenSpeaks  It's official.  The City of New York can't keep up with pothole repair.

#LenSpeaks  The corner of 421nd Street and Lexington looks like a mine field.  Jesus had smoother roads in Bethlehem.

#LenSpeaks  I saw Billy Joel at the Hollywood Bowl and one of the reasons is because it might be the last time to do that.

#LenSpeaks  For him.   And, now that I think of it, for me, too.

Dinner last night:  Sandwich.


 

No comments: