Thursday, July 20, 2017

Oh, Grow Up!

I borrow the phrase from the late Joan Rivers.   And it's about time, folks.

I came across this meme from one of my Facebook friends who has way too much time on his or her hands.   I've seen dozens and dozens of these images designed to ridicule the sitting President.

Okay, don't get me wrong.  I don't like the guy.   I haven't liked a President in about thirty years.  But I have never wished ill will on any of them.   I've written before about how easily well-educated people that I know have discussed getting rid of Donald Trump in the most violent of ways.   Have you all been watching way too much Game of Thrones??  What the fuck is wrong with all of you???

Now this latest on-line toy allows you to maneuver Trump to the edge of the cliff and then...goodbye.  Oh, and the ultra clever assholes behind this thing give you other options as well.   You can watch him fall into a manhole outside of Radio City Music Hall, drop into the Grand Canyon, or be eaten by a dinosaur.

Think this is harmless fun?   I don't.  Hey, let's have a video game where you have to walk Ronald Reagan from his speaking engagement to the waiting limousine without getting shot.   Maybe one where you have to steer JFK's car through Dealey Plaza.   Or how about a game where Barack Obama has to run away from Klu Klux Klansmen.

One of the celebrities that has been gleefully talking about this is Rosie O'Donnell and, frankly, this fat bitch could walk off a cliff tomorrow.   That is, unless the resulting crash destroys the Earth for good.   She continues to be part of the problem and none of the solution as far as decency in America goes.   
Am I being silly here?   Not really.   I have said this before.   The callousness of some friends right now is mindboggling.   Keep in mind that there have been either successful or almost successful assassination attempts on over 20 percent of our Presidents down through history.   In the supposedly civilized nation, that is appalling.   And stupid stuff like this meme contributes to such thoughts whether you like it not.

There have been moments in the last year or so that I am truly ashamed of some of the folks around me.  Come on.   You're better than this.   

Maybe I'm wrong.

Dinner last night:  Salad.

No comments: