Thursday, December 7, 2017

It's Christmas Time on My Blog

It's time for my annual holiday housekeeping in Blogland.

We celebrate Christmas on this site.   If you're looking for a more generic look at the holiday season, you won't find it here.   If you want to embrace Kwanzaa, go see if Jesse Jackson has a blog.  Since this process involves putting two coherent sentences together, I would doubt it.
This blog is almost eleven years old and we've been through a lot of Christmases together.  So, as a tradition, I will be rerunning some of my favorite Yuletide pieces of the past.  No, I'm not getting lazy.  But, during this month, I am a little busier than usual.  I will be in New York for a week doing the season with my East Coast friends.  In general, there's egg nog and other adult beverages.   

So, in an attempt to make sure there is something posted here every day, you will see some repeat entries.   I will try to refresh most of them where possible.   You'll be seeing again my "salute" to Christmas songs.   My listing of Christmas movies that you need to watch.   And there might be an old Sunday Memory Drawer or two.

That said, you'll still be laughing.  Or maybe laughing for a second and third time.  Hell, if you can watch Linus doing that reading from the Gospel of Mark a few dozen times, you certainly can read some of my best stuff once more.

A lot of this month's blog entries are already written and in the can.   If there is such a thing as a virtual can.  This allows me to take some time off and enjoy the holidays.  As a matter of fact, my Wednesday history lesson is already done right through to the middle of February.  One does what one has to do to keep this damn thing rolling.

So, bear with us.  Wait, I mean bear with me.  I don't have a staff putting this together.  It's just little old me.   Even Santa had elves.  And I'm thinking Mrs. Claus got shoved into the assembly line from time to time.  There will be fun and games here.  So what if some of it was written last month?   Or maybe four or five years ago?

Merry, merry Christmas.  We'll see you for some glad and funny tidings tomorrow.

Dinner last night:  Had a huge lunch so nothing really.  

No comments: