Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Moron of the Month - December 2017

Oh, I bet you thought the December Moron was going to be Matt Lauer.  Or Louis CK.  Or Kevin Spacey.  Or Garrison Keillor.

Nope, too easy and frankly, I am getting bored with all that news.   Of course, if some bigger names come to fruition as I predict, I'll be all ears.

You're looking above at the crack pot Elizabeth Warren, the screwball senator from Massachusetts, which is a statement that is redundant.   I mean, how could anybody from Massachusetts not be a screwball?

Truth be told, I pay little attention to the news these days.   It's all ridiculous and totally filtered by whichever outlet you are getting it front.   So I'm not up on President Trump's latest dastardly tweets.   I wasn't up on Obama's tweets either.   They all stink.

But one didn't manage to get through to my brain.  It was one where Trump referred to the idiot Warren as "Pochahontas."   That caused everybody on one side of the aisle to go ballistic, but, let's face it, somebody political seems to be going ballistic every hour on the hour.

I was curious enough to dig into the Indian reference to see what all the fuss was about.  And, as I learned on-line...

From 1986 to 1995, Warren listed herself as a racial minority in some directory of law professors.   Seriously?

Well, when this was publicized in early 2012, it sparked a controversy, further fueled by the fact that Harvard Law School had publicly touted Warren as a "woman of color" law professor, in response to criticisms about a lack of faculty diversity.   Seriously?

Warren defended her listing as a racial minority in the directories (which did not specify which racial minority one was) by stating that she was Native American. She stated that she was unaware about Harvard touting her as a woman of color hire.

Yes, seriously.

I'm not unaware to how some of this works in the marketplace.  Warren is not the first person to pull some sort of shenanigans like this.  I once inherited a female employee through a merger and it was clear to me that she was not going to make the cut.   So, as I amassed the proper documentation to get her terminated, I ran across her original employment application.

For ethnicity, she wrote "Hispanic."

Yep. 

The only problem is this chick, who hailed from Hawaii, was about as Hispanic as I am.  She had leveraged herself into a job.

I am guessing Warren did the same.   Now this clown fancies herself as the new queen of the Liberals and likely wants to run for President in 2020, despite the fact that she will be in her early 70s by then.

I say that, before she mounts her campaign, she follow the procedures of this infomercial I have seen from Ancestry.com.   She can spit into a cup and we can find out just how much of a Native American she is.

My guess is that the results will show Elizabeth Warren to be one heap big liar.

Woo hoo.

Dinner last night:  Leftover sausage, peppers, and onions.


No comments: