Wednesday, March 21, 2007

American I-dol, 11 to 10

It was British Invasion Night, and there were plenty of Zombies. And that would include Sanjaya. Here's my bon mots on last night's telecast:


  • I thought the British invasion essentially consisted of the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, and the like. How did the theme from Diamonds Are Forever slip in there? Also, the love song from Oliver. I am betting Lionel Bart, the composer of that musical, never expected to be mentioned in the same breath as Mick Jagger.
  • What the hell was up with that sobbing little girl? Was she wailing because Sanjaya was so bad or so good? It's the youth and future of America, so I guess we could go either way on that one. Actually, she looked a lot like Marcia Brady in season 1. Maybe a few too many shots in the head from a Wesson bottle wielded by Florence Henderson. Seriously, if that were my daughter, there would be both lithium and a belt strap waiting for her at home. What an embarrassment. I could not deal with the family shame.
  • Phil Stacey remains creepy. He looks like Nosferatu. He definitely will be home in time for Halloween. I think he might even be home in time for Friday.
  • I'm sure the most nervous person in the studio last night was the Harry Winston guard who was anxiously waiting to yank those diamonds off Lakisha as soon as she was done.
  • Chris Sligh reminds me of a male Rosie O'Donnell. Actually, a male Rosie O'Donnell constitutes a redundancy.
  • Can Sanjaya get any worse? By the way, did any of you get any telemarketing calls last night during Idol? I think not. India and Pakistan were in speed dialing mode. Of course, I would not be surprised if he sticks around one more week, which means he will get to go on the Idol tour. He'll be coming to your town soon. Make your vacation plans accordingly.
  • Paula did not have her weekly mental breakdown last night. But she was spotted during a commercial break slipping some medication to that little girl.
  • Good to see Lulu again. She's held up well after a busy screen career----of one film!
  • If Sanjaya continues because of Howard Stern, I have a feeling that Eric the Midget will announce 2008 Presidential plans shortly.
  • Did I notice rain slickers in the front rows while Blake Lewis was spitting his song?
  • Hey, there, Haley. What's up? No Victoria's Secret stores in your area?
  • Melinda killed again. She's my winner, hands down. I would say we could end the series now and bypass the next ten weeks, but I'm afraid Fox would then double pump more episodes of that Jeff Foxworthy pandemic.

If God gets Idol in his Direct TV package, then Sanjaya goes home...just like the end of the locusts and frogs. But I continue to have stalworth faith in my fellow Americans to make stupid decisions, so I am thinking Phil goes to LAX tomorrow morning.

Dinner last night: leftover pot roast.

No comments: