Sunday, March 25, 2007

A Rather Geek Moment

Since there is no satellite radio in this particular rental car and NY radio is absolutely unlistenable, I ventured out to actually buy a few CDs. Because of last week's I-dol focus on the British invasion, I had Herman's Hermits in my head and I didn't like what I found on I-tunes for my Ipod.


Of course, NY music stores are as bad as NY radio. No Hermits. No Herman. But I did come across the first album release of Elliott Yamin. He was a finalist on I-dol last year: I believe he was the next-to-last to be voted off. I remember him having a strong voice, but he was a little difficult to look at.
He had an odd shaped head, bad teeth, and possessed the look of somebody who used to hang around a filling station all day.


Well, I picked up the CD and surveyed the cover. Elliott has had the anti-Frankenstein procedure. There is a Beverly Hills dentist who now has a new pool and home theater installed after the last invoice paid.

More importantly, I gave the test listen. Nice cache of music...some rock, some very jazzy. A terrific mix.

I am now a statistic. I have purchased a record done by an American Idol finalist. I held out as long as I could.

Dinner last night: at my favorite Italian restaurant in Yonkers---Carlo's. The quintessential sausage and peppers. They should give lessons.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Herman's Hermits CD's are available at Amoeba. Very Good oldies section. My favorite store in LA.