Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Idle and Idol Musings

My mind is working overtime in NY.



---I actually heard on the radio this morning that a town in NJ is looking to pass a city ordinance that makes it illegal to beat up an old person. So, does that mean you can't beat one up today and not suffer any consequences?



---This is the Cardinal of the Archdiocese of New York, Edward Egan. He's been in the job for about 13 years and I hear that he is hated by many Roman Catholics throughout the city. He is closing parishes left and right and doing the same with parochial schools as well. I actually know one parent who's actually considering sending her kid to a public school instead of one of Egan's reconstituted schools. From what I read, his term as Cardinal has been frought with lies, deception, and a soupcon of money laundering. Plus I actually listened to his Christmas Eve homily on TV and he sounded like Ben Stein droning through that Visine commercial. "Glory to God in the highest and to Earth peace and good will toward....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ."


So, the radio said that Egan turns 75 next week. And this means that, through some nutty formality that only the Vatican could cook up, he must tender his resignation. All Cardinals apparently do so when they turn 75.


Wouldn't it be a great scam on Egan if it was accepted?

Yo, Pope Benny, what's Latin for "I accept."


---After last night Idol's, I am thinking there are several Whoppers with Chris Sligh's name on them at the LAX Burger King on Thursday.


---In honor of Carnac, I offer up this joke if Johnny Carson was still with us.

"I'll take a Coke, this bag of Funyons, a pack of Newports, and 30 dollars on Pump #1"


"What words do I hope Sanjaya Malakar will hear on Thursday?"



Dinner last night: a pizza rustica at this discovered restaurant in Hastings. Harvest is terrific. I want to go back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

More Catholic-bashing please. Just to p.o. D.G.