Monday, March 19, 2007

Huh?????

I can only relay the conversation exactly as I heard this morning in the kitchen of this office building. Two young female gremlins (if you saw them in person, you would agree with that description) were talking as they took turns toasting bagels:
Girl #1: It was a hassle, but it was so worth it for my own protection. It's not hard to get a temporary restraining order. If my boyfriend comes within 20 yards of me, I can call the cops.
Girl #2: The one I got for my last boyfriend, he couldn't come within 10 yards. And my friend's TRO on her ex-husband didn't allow him to be within one mile of her.
The toaster oven beeped and they both went on their way.
So, how easy are these temporary restraining orders to get? Is there a department at Target for them? Or, maybe you can get the fancy ones at Nordstrom's. You know they are all so customer-service-oriented there. "I know you want the 30 yard one, but I think you'd be much happier with the 15 yard TRO. They are more popular these days."
Actually, I am going to request my own TRO on these two gnomes I saw this morning. They are not allowed to toast bagels around me ever again.
Dinner last night: Home cooked pot roast. For dessert, I enjoyed one of the new American Idol brand light ice creams. I don't get the connection in the least, but it was tasty.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nah, you can probably call a 1-800 number that's been outsourced and select the TRO from a phone menu - 1 for 10 yrds, 2 for 20 yrds, 3 for the Special of the Day, etc.