Sunday, May 20, 2007

Platewire.com

I saw this website in USA Today a few days back. Now, it's a bag of Ruffles Ranch flavor potato chips for me. I can't get enough. It's a cooperative website where people post incidents of extreme bad driving. You can load the offender's license plate. Try it. Hilarious and frightening all at the same time.

For instance, consider this nitwit:



This driver was spotted driving 55 mph on a highway while reading a newspaper!

Or this entry for some screwball out here:

A large, dark SUV was ahead of me (by a larger-than-average distance; I like to keep a lot of space between my vehicle and others) on highway 80 east approaching the highway 4 exit when he hit a very large piece of a truck-sized partial rubber tire. OK, so maybe he didn't see it, but he couldn't have failed to have felt it when he rolled directly over it. The rubber piece went flying and slammed hard into my car, missing my windshield by less than 2 inches. Instead, it ripped my side view mirror off, adding another hazard to the road, to say nothing of how hazardous it is for me to drive (and now illegal without that side mirror). I chased him down and got his licence, and followed him off the freeway. I got his attention by honking and drove next to him and pointed at my missing mirror; he looked, and then drove off. His CA license is: 3HPL216.

Or this one from the state of my birth:

Plate
New York CNP-1699
Received
Sunday, May 06, 2007
Vehicle
sliver LAND ROVER 4x4
Location
Vancourtland Ave / gouvernuer Ave (New York)
Incident
If any one sees this land rover get out of the way! When I was heading Wets bound on van Courtland Avenue and Gouvernuer Avenue this idiot was heading east bound and just cut in front of a Toyota Camry and a New York City transit bus! He was also talking on the phone when this occurred.

You can argue that this is nothing but a fertilizer for road rage. Indeed, the following entry tries to capitalize on just that. Some people will do anything to make a buck.

This message is to anyone who frequently gets angry when driving. Does it really make you mad when other drivers violate traffic laws or you're just stuck in a ton of traffic? I am offering a FREE 4-session treatment to help people who get angry on the road. The treatment is part a study run through Hofstra University in Nassau County, NY. I conduct the sessions at Hofstra University and in Rockland County, NY. If you or someone you know needs help with driving anger, please contact Tracey at traceynp1@yahoo.com or 516-463-5660 or visit my website at http://www.roadragetherapy.blogspot.com.

Happy Motoring, everybody!

Dinner last night: lasagna at the beloved Carlo's in Yonkers following a Met 10-7 victory over the Yankees.


No comments: