Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Who Am I?

I can only relay yesterday's conversation as it happened.

I am in the checkout line at Ralph's supermarket. I go through the process of concluding my transaction with the clerk. He hands me back my Ralph's Club card and my receipt. And he says...

"I enjoy your work on television."

Huh??

I responded with the first thing that came to my mind.

"Thank you very much."

I walk away dazed. As I made my way through the parking lot, I had just one thing on my mind.

Who the hell did he think I was???

I wish he would have said something like "I enjoy your work on television, Mr. Sutherland."

But, on the other hand, at least he didn't say "I enjoy your work on television, Mr. Nelson Reilly."

Dinner last night: Cheesecake Factory for Chicken with Garlic Noodles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes when I hand my I.D. to the cashier at Blockbuster I get a quick glance, checking out whether I'm That Andrew McCarthy. Sorry.

And at Lisa's, the staff asks her whether I'm the actor. Once again, sorry.

Not So Anonymous