Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Only Two More Shopping Wednesdays Till Christmas

If you haven't started shopping yet, you might as well not bother.

---And start talking in a lot of Yiddish.

---Oh, by the way, please, no more desk calendars. By the time I remember I have one, it's July 20 and I'm over six months behind.

---As soon as it's December 1, I start practicing.

---"Oh, how nice, thank you. You shouldn't have."

---"Really, you shouldn't have."

---"Seriously, this is too much. You shouldn't have."

---What I'm really saying...

---"What the hell were you thinking?????"

---"YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE!!!!!!"

---After walking around New York for a year, I have decided the perfect gift for lots of people.

---Intelligence. Can you order that from Eddie Bauer?

---All over midtown Manhattan, there are loads of idiots mindlessly walking around with their heads cocked upward at a 45 degree angle.

---And then bumping into the next person.

---I don't remember the same frenzy when I was a kid about Christmas at Rockefeller Center.

---It's a freakin' tree! And, by January 15, it will be compost.

---With all the senior citizens shuffling their walkers into Radio City Music Hall every two hours, I have an interesting thought.

---At the end of every performance, how many seats are wet?

---And, no, I'm not talking about a leaky Diet Pepsi.

---Meanwhile, at West Side Story, they have devised a wonderful product. A sippy cup that actually allows you to bring in your drink from intermission.

---The person who invented this. Now, that's the dude who needs to get a Nobel Peace Prize.

---Spotted in American's JFK Admirals Club yesterday: Ted Danson and wife Mary Steenburgen.

---Ted and I made eye contact. I said, "cheers."

---Well, I thought it was clever at the time.

---Later on, they were three rows ahead of me on the flight. A good six hour look at the bald spot on his head.

---Then, as I left baggage claim, I walked right into hapless Dodger owner Frank McCourt.

---As a full season ticket holder, I felt I had the total right to say something.

---"Hello, Mr. McCourt."

---I startled him. He waved sheepishly.

---A deer in headlights. Perhaps he thought I was a process server. I hear he's seen a few of them lately.

---Maybe he thought he was being outed. Who were you there to pick up, Frank? Certainly not the missus.

---Hmmmmmmmm......

---On the flip side, Tiger Woods is now hiding out in Sweden.

---Yeah, there's all ugly women there.

---I'd say he's the big winner for 2009. But, frankly, when you think about it, Nancy Pelosi has fucked a lot more folks in the same time frame.

---Obama graded his first year and gave himself a B+.

---Obviously, there's a bell curve.

---My entire NY week was incredibly unsettled. My abode there had a demonic thermostat.

---If the temperature outside was 50 degrees, the heat was on and the apartment was a hellish 80 degrees.

---When the temperature outdoors was 25 degrees, the temperature inside was 50 degrees.

---I wasn't sure when I should call the building super or an exorcist.

---You think it's broken?

---My sinuses sure think so.

---They're now as clogged as the 405 Freeway the day before Thanksgiving.

But, thank goodness that's where I am today. And, goodbye, Juan Pierre. Thanks for everything you did this year.

Dinner last night: Evelyn's Favorite Pasta at the Cheesecake Factory.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just returned from the day's Christmas shopping and I'm pleased with what I purchased. Hope the recipients will feel the same. Despite the recession, there will be gag gifts this year. I'm not cutting back on humor. We need it more than ever.

I passed on a Dodgers gift for you, figuring you already have it.

chris said...

i never meet anyone famous by accident. =( a friend of mine, however, got to shake hands w/ Jets coach Rex Ryan at a Rangers game. at this same game, an old girlfriend of mine told him i should die in afghanistan. lol. i thought it was funny as hell.