Thursday, June 25, 2015

The .275 Hitter

Oy vey.

Or whatever the Christian, non-Yiddish translation of that is.

As regular readers to this daily merriment know, 2015 has been a tumult of nasty stuff happening to yours truly.  Like vomit coming out of a teenager on New Year's Day morning.

Let's see.  Where do I start?

An inflamed liver caused by Celebrex.

Multiple medical tests to discover just that, amounting to $ 5,000 which is conveniently my medical deductible for the years.

Oh, yes, even more tests for an unrelated ailment that is sparked by a small, but pesky hiatal hernia and esophagus irritation.  

Um, identity theft of my social security number that led to the purchase of multiple lawn mowers and weed whackers from Home Depot not by me.

Extensive alerts and security safeguards added to everything with my name on it.

More?

Last week, while on business in New York, my parked rental car was sideswiped by either a cyclist or a cab.   Mild but annoying damage to the rear passenger side.   I see yellow paint on the white car.  Taxi!  

I could have kept driving the car for the rest of the trip after filing the vandalism report at Hertz, but I decided to trade it for another car that may not realize it's associated with me.  

And the year isn't eve half-over.

So, I will give the bullshit the rest of the month to get out.  I need a virtual cleanse by July 1.  Out, out, bad karma.  

Just who did I piss off to merit the first half of 2015?

If you say I should just drink to forget it all, I will remind you of the top of this entry where I talk about an inflamed liver.   I have not had a drink since March 24.  And don't plan on it any time soon.

Seriously, I am a good person.  I tend to look at each year of your life as a baseball season.  There are ups and downs.  With regard to my own existence, I think I'm a .275 hitter.   Not a lot of home runs but I'm in every game and I do expect to win.  

So far, in 2015, I am hitting .220.  Cosmic gods, it is time to help me get my average up.   The good news is that I'm generally healthy now.   And life could be a lot worse.   I do have some blessings.

At the same time, come the freak on.  The first half of 2015 needs to be evened out so that I finish at my usual .275.  There has to be something wow headed my way.  The rest of the year is going to see me hitting .330.  

Again, bad karma incorporated, you have until July 1 to get this and me out of your system.   The second half of this year is going to be dynamite.

Smiling through it all.

Dinner last night:  Stir fry vegetables in garlic sauce.

No comments: