Tuesday, August 29, 2017

The Maxine Waters Update

Jeez, you have to be pretty goddamn moronic to get two mentions in a single month on this blog.

But, of course, Maxine Waters goes over the top no matter what she does.

As you might recall, Auntie Maxine got to be my "Moron of the Month" for August 2017.   And no sooner did I give her this distinction but I found her parked in first class on my flight to New York.   Enjoying a smart cocktail at 8AM no less.  Her sizable entourage was sucking up the food in business class.   I also got to see them pile into a limousine at JFK Airport.   

As soon as I noticed this slob on my plane, I made an oh-so-rare political comment on Facebook.   Simply noting that yet another elected official was enjoying luxury at our expense.   I did not note that she was a Democrat.   To me, both sides are equally guilty when it comes to lavishing on themselves. Now I later learn that her visit to NY was to appear on "The View" so I assume they picked up the tab for this soiree in the sky.  I never ever watch those loony knuckleheads on "The View" and this episode would be no different.

What's your point, Len?

Well, that little Facebook notation caused quite a stir.  I had quite a few friends pile onto this Congressional fraud.   No surprise there.  But I also got attacked by several other Facebook friends who would probably support Benito Mussolini if there was a "D" at the end of his name.  How dare I attack this wonderful woman?  This, of course, came from people who don't live in her district where I hear her approval rating is not as high as you think.

I took the post down and pledged to never again make a semi-political comment on Facebook again.

And so censorship begins.   Along with the continued decline of our nation where there are only civil arguments when both people are on the same side of the aisle.

Meanwhile, in person, Maxine Waters looks every bit of the 79 or so years she's been trolling the Earth.

Dinner last night:  Leftover pizza.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Auntie Maxine is my congresswoman. What an a$$! She spends her time attacking Trump, who is such an easy target, with nonsensical and relentless venom. She has created a circus chasing the Trump circus. Is that leadership? I could not feel more betrayed by a political system where Maxine Waters is my congresswoman and Trump is my President.
15avebud