Friday, September 1, 2017

Get A Life, Folks

We've all seen the news and the coverage of the Texas devastation this week.   Horrific images that will linger in minds forever.   And thoughts go out to all those who endured the hardships.   

As I watched the TV reports, I saw something remarkable happening in this country which, just three weeks ago, the media had me believing was at death's door.   

There were people helping people.  Reaching out to each other with clothes, food, or just a hand.  Whites, Blacks, Hispanic, men, women, children.   All united against the elements.   These optics gave me hope.

That said, there were others who watched from afar and did nothing.   Like some asshole sociology professor in Florida Kenneth Storey.   Here's the jerk now.
He basically said that Hurricane Harvey was karma biting Texas in the ass for supporting Donald Trump.   Gratefully, this bit of lunacy got him fired.   Hopefully, he never finds work ever again and is dragged through a mudslide naked.  Once again, academia rhymes with macadamia and that's fitting because they're all nuts.

But, for additional crassness and stupidity, I didn't have to look further than my own Facebook page where some "friends" were besides themselves making fun of what the Trumps were wearing on their trip to Texas last Tuesday.   Giggle, giggle, guffaw, guffaw.  I can't believe people I know can be so...well...asinine.  I mean, I am no fan of the President...or any politician for that matter.   But, for a day or two, could you lay off the hatred and the cartoon memes you delight in from Occupy Democrats.  

Here's a suggestion for all those dim bulbs.   Take five minutes out of the hours you spend making political diatribes on social media and make an on-line donation to one of the many groups helping Texas in their time of need.  I did.   I am guessing many of these dodos did not.

Hurricane Harvey gave me a renewed hope in America.   And also reason to unfollow about a dozen more friends on Facebook.

Dinner last night:  Grilled heirloom tomatoes topped with pepperoni, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese.

No comments: