Friday, September 20, 2019

Your Weekend Movie Guide for September 2019

Sixty years ago today, this was completing a long run at Radio City Music Hall.  It ranks at #3 on my list of Favorite Movies of All Time.  I've seen it dozens of times on both TV and revival theaters.  On this weekend, I salute "North By Northwest."

Is there anything as worthy in theaters this weekend as the fall season kicks in?  Well, we will see.   You know the drill, gang.  I'll sift through the movie pages and give you my gut reaction to what's on our marquees right now.   

Spoiler alert: I can think of one movie I am clamoring to see...

Downton Abbey:   Already have tickets.   This is my version of "The Avengers."  I cannot wait.  And a blog review will certainly result.

Ad Astra:  Brad Pitt as an astronaut searches for family in the solar system.  I wonder if he'll find Jennifer.

Once Upon A Time...In Hollywood:  Still lingering around theaters and it might be the most clever and inventive movie you will ever see.

It - Chapter Two:  That creepy clown returns.  I would say this time he is hiding in a mailbox but you really can't find one of those anymore.

The Goldfinch:  The painting of a tiny bird helps a 13-year-old deal with the death of his mother.  A laugh riot, no doubt.

Hustlers:  Some chick caper and they say it is Jennifer Lopez's best work ever.  Um, compared to what?

Abominable:  Yes, something with the snowman.  Duh.

Running With The Devil:  Not sure but this might be another documentary on Beto O'Rourke.

Hobbs and Shaw:  And not me.

The Overcomer:   A high school track coach and a young female runner.  Hashtag...not interested.

Good Boys:  Young teenage boys use a drone to spy on girls.  It sounds like a cute Disney movie, but it is rated R.

Angry Birds Movie 2:   Tell that to somebody who saw Angry Birds Movie 1.

Where'd You Go, Bernadette:  Probably not to this movie.  It made zero dollars.

Brittany Runs a Marathon:   And will have arthritic knees in about ten years.

Blinded By The Light:  All about a big Bruce Springsteen fan, which would not be me.

The Peanut Butter Falcon:  I thought they played in Atlanta.

Dora and the Lost City of Gold:   A children's movie set in Vegas??

The Fanatic:  John Travolta stars.  You have been warned.

Dinner last night:  Grilled knockwurst and German potato salad.





No comments: