Wednesday, October 15, 2008

"Gee, I Hate Wednesdays...and the Phillie Phanatic"


Thank you, Mr. Met, for doing what I feel right now.

---It's good to know that I can hate the Philadelphia Phillies on the West Coast as much as I did on the East Coast.

---There is no dumber team mascot than the Phillie Phanatic. This big green creature who, last week, took out a jack hammer to smash a Dodger helmet with dreadlocks.

---Great image to remember when this beloved creature visits a local children's hospital.

---And you wonder why your kids are growing up to be assholes.

---But, then again, a youngster in Philadelphia can't grow up to be anything else but an adult asshole.

---I look at all the fans in Citizens Bank Ballpark and you just know every single one of them has a cholesterol level of 300 plus.

---By the way, if Shane Victorino says it's okay to hit him in the ribs, I say, by all means, let's.

---Whose back is more against the wall? The Dodgers or John McCain?

---It's not like the Dodgers can bring in Sarah Palin to pitch the seventh inning.

---The Dodgers want to do something that nobody else does. Go to Philadelphia.

---If you're watching the playoff games on Fox and wonder why the crowd is so frenzied when they sign on, it's because they tell you to. You are prompted to start cheering 30 seconds before the Fox broadcast starts.

---What's next? An applause sign like they used to have on the Mike Douglas Show?

---I noted Monday night that the Dodgers bullpen collapsed right after Barbra Streisand was shown on Diamondvision.

---Sitting in the owner's box next to that lummox of a husband James Brolin, Babs was roundly and deliciously booed.

---The funny thing is that I had been looking in my binoculars several innings before and had mistakened her for Penny Marshall.

---For about two innings, Her Jewishness was sitting next to Tommy Lasorda and I had no idea what these two had to chat about.

---Of course, knowing Tommy, his first question to her might have been "And you are?"

---The Mayor of LA, Senor Sleazebag, was also there but left as soon as the photographers did.

---The way the smoke is settling all over Los Angeles, I am reminded of my mother's apartment.

---With all the voter registration fraud that the Obama folks are working on with ACORN, I am wondering who my parents will be voting for. I am sure they both just got re-registered.

---On Election Night, which reporter will be watching the exit polls at Sing Sing?

---It is official. I will now heretofore always refer to Obama with his given birth name, Barry.

---I am curious. Would that now be Barack Bonds?

---A sure way to give yourself a migraine? Look at the year-to-date changes on your 401K.

---I lost the equivalent of an entry level file clerk.

---When Barry discovers he can't do 90% of what he promises, how fast will it be before his most ardent supporters want to wring his neck?

---Because, if there is one thing Black people know how to do, it's get on and off a bus.

---Sorry, that was a little racist. But it would have been hilarious and unoffensive if Bob Hope said it on the radio in 1942.

---Tee hee.

---If you're worried about Sarah Palin being one step from the White House, think about what we would have on the other side. Nancy Pelosi two steps away. I wouldn't trust that cow to organize a pantry. Clearly, Nancy needs to be home doing the wash.

This is Len and I have approved the contents of this blog.

Dinner last night: Had a big lunch so just had some fruit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This one's going up on the bulletin board...particularly for the "And you are?" comment.

Anonymous said...

W.C. Fields hated Philadelphia as much as you. He worked it into his movies.

When the mob puts a noose around his neck, he's asked if he has any last wishes.

"I'd like to see Paris before I die."

They tighten the noose.

"Philadelphia will do."