Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Wednesday, Wednesday, Go Away! Come Again Another Day!

Everybody has to deal with some drips every now and then.

---"Ladies and gentlemen, here are the 2008 World Champions---Your Los Angeles Dodgers."

---Slap! Okay, I'm awake now.

---Has there been anything more sleep-inducing and pathetic than this year's World Series? Botched left and right. Spanky and Alfalfa did a better job putting on a show in the garage.

---First of all, Saturday's Game 3 was rain delayed and didn't begin till after 10PM Eastern time. It did not end till sometime in the early morning.

---And they say kids can't watch the World Series? Most easily could have watched the ninth inning while having their Sunday morning Cocoa Puffs.

---What does that say when baseball's TV competition is Saturday Night Live?

---Then, on Monday, they tried to play the potential Series winner for the Phillies in some storm that only James Michener could have dreamed up. They finally suspended it when outfielder Jayson Werth was found floating face down in right field.

---So, there was a chance that the World Championship would have been decided by five inning game. Blasphemy!

---The only solace for me was that it was Phillie fans getting rained on. If only one of them had the good sense to bring along a bar of soap...

---These apes proved to be as classless as ever by throwing mustard at Rays Manager Joe Maddon's granddaughter.

---Mike Douglas is dead. We no longer need anything in Philadelphia.

---So, it's not Always Sunny in Philadelphia?

---Commissioner Bud Selig always has this hangdog look. Surveying the tsunami during Game 5, he had the appearance of some guy who just discovered that his wife wants the den painted again.

---Outside of Randy Johnson, is there anybody more ugly in baseball than the Phillies' Shane Victorino? Shane, go away. Please, Shane, go away!

---Rhetorical question: just how many mirrors does Shane Victorino break in the average clubhouse?

---Perfect timing. Clay Aiken's coming out just as OJ Simpson is going in.

---Rim shot. Bada bing!

---So, with the economy these days, the only thing that can put down a deposit on a Mercedes is a pigeon.

---Rim shot. Bada bing!

---I'm here all week. Please try the veal and remember to tip your waiter.

---Everytime I see John McCain these days, I think that he's everybody's grandfather's choice to be President.

---So, according to Obama in that radio interview from 2001, the Constitution is essentially unconstitutional???

---Listening to Barry Big Ears' economic plan, I might as well just send my ATM pin number to some Black family on the south side of Chicago.

---Unless, of course, they've already been murdered. Right, Jennifer Hudson?

---You think the Oscar winner might be rethinking her Obama endorsement? Her Christmas gift list just got shorter by three and it is Barry's hood, right??

---I actually saw this with my own eyes while driving around on Saturday night. Two fruitcakes in West Hollywood have a Halloween display in their yard and they have hung a dummy of Sarah Palin in effigy.

---Okay, okay, okay. I will pause so that some of you can look at the words "dummy" and "Sarah Palin" in the same sentence and snicker.

---Done? I will continue. The LA Police got some complaints about this and pretty much looked the other way. Of course, they said, if this was a hanging dummy of Barack Obama, they would consider it a "hate crime."

---Okay, so let me see if I got this right. A dummy of Sarah Palin being hung? Funny. A dummy of Barack Obama being hung? A hate crime.

---Anybody got the National Organization of Women on speed dial?

---I look at these two jerks who defended this as "art" and I want to vote "Yes" on the proposition that allows anybody to run over another annoying citizen with their car.

---I saw some clips of Barry Obama's wife, Michelle, on with Jay Leno. She should not be photographed from behind.

---From that angle, she reminds me of my grandmother's attic. Yep, lots of junk in the trunk.

---From what I saw, if they had hung a dummy of Michelle, the rope might have broke.

Dinner last night: Sandwich and salad.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Jennifer Hudson crack? Ouch! And that's comng from me! (I admit I laughed.) The South Side of Chicago appearing at a White House soon.