Thursday, March 25, 2021

Hollywood Then and Now - March 2021

 

If I had been doing this feature on a blog twenty years ago, you would already know that this would have been already covered as I originally visited the Knots Landing cul-de-sac in a visit to LA.

But this location never gets dull and I found myself there again mainly because I needed new orthotics.

Huh?

Well, I did.   And my podiatrist has moved to Granada Hills where the imaginary "Seaview Circle" really existed.   I couldn't resist as "Knots Landing" is one of my favorite shows of all time.

Indeed, the real street is named Crystallaire Place and nestled in this bedroom community.

Now, the name "Seaview Circle" is a bit of a misnomer.  There is no sea view here, even though the original opening credits made you believe there was.

The actual cul-de-sac is nowhere near the ocean.   Probably 25-30 miles away.  

Indeed, all of the homes still exist there.   There are probably different people living there than were getting paid to vacate their homes once a week for thirteen seasons.   Indeed, there must be some renovation work going on at the McKenzie house.  The Port-O-San is a dead giveaway.  

Meanwhile, two cars in Abby's driveway?  Hmmm.
I have to go back for my orthotics in two weeks.   I may stop by again.

Dinner last night:  Leftover (from my freezer) lasagna.


No comments: