Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Penultimate Shopping Wednesday Before Christmas


I just flew back from NY and, boy, are my arms tired.

---Midtown Manhattan was unwalkable while I was there. Too many tourists, too many old folks, too many idiots.

---When you're 75 or 80, is the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree that new to you?

---By the way, dig that nifty picture I took.

---Wasted prime restaurant space: The Olive Garden overlooking Times Square.

---Amazing view, microwaveable food.

---With the number of crappy chain restaurants in the theater district, Mamma Leone's would now be considered high end cuisine.

---When you're throwing back some unwanted clothes to a Christmas gifter, remember the immortal words of President George W. Bush.

---Shoes can hurt.

---Is that how they assassinate leaders in Iraq? With a pair of size 10 Weejuns to the skull?

---Both shoes came from the same direction which means there was no second shoe thrower on the grassy knoll.

---No truth to the rumor that the shoe brand was "Johnson & Hussein."

---Okay, I'll stop.

---Somewhere midway across the country, I started to feel it. Sore throat, headache, stuffy head.

---I wanted to stand up and announce to the rest of the airplane cabin, "Okay, which one of you assholes gave me your germs?!!"

---I actually heard one flight attendant say this to another, "I wonder what their homes look like."

---Exactly.

---I can't believe all the press that Oprah is getting for being grossly overweight. Look at the rest of the country.

---As this fat slob tips the scales at 200 pounds, you wouldn't want to be a carrot stick in her house as she races the clock to fit into a party dress for her buddy's coronation.

---While you all wait for that Illinois governor to get tarred and feathered, I'm wondering how much Big Barry Obama knew about all that scandal.

---Of course, he says he knew nothing. Actually, he's like those kids in the "Family Circus" comic strip. The ones who are always saying "not me."

---Sitting in the church for twenty years while that insane pastor preached absolute venom.

---"Not me."

---Ties to that criminal housing czar in Chicago?

---"Not me."

---Lots of time spent in the home of terrorist Bill Ayers.

---"Not me."

---If you listen to him, vacuum packed Spam gets out more.

And who's finished with their holiday shopping? Definitely NOT ME.

Dinner last night: Crispy spicy beef at the Cheesecake Factory.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Olive Garden? Worst "Italian" food I've ever paid for. Why is it popular? Americans are idiots and never eat real Italian. Arthur Avenue, Little Italy and my former stomping grounds, good old Brooklyn, are the places to go. Any Mom and Pop place will give you the real deal. Boycott Olive Garden!

Oprah fat again? Was she ever not fat? Can this pig, who tragically picked the next President, slim down for the inauguration? Does Photoshop work on live TV?

Stay tuned, kids. 2009 will be a doozy.