Thursday, March 15, 2012

Five Years Ago Today......

And here's how Len Speaks innocently started on March 15, 2007.  And we're still here.  Wait.  It's not "we."  It's just me.  I'm talking like I have a staff.  

 Jell-o, this is Jack Benny speaking. 

Well, not really. But I am commencing a new chapter in my world. I have been intrigued by some of the personal blogs I have read from friends, people in the industry, etc.. I never really got into doing a daily journal, but this might be a good venue to start. 

I can muse everyday on whatever is on my mind. Hopefully, this will be a good way to stay connected with folks. And, this is an ideal offshoot of that Christmas newsletter I do---an annual device which has obviously been well-received, although I start it as a complete goof. 

It will take me a while to learn how to upload pictures and all those other do-hickeys on my computer. And I am sure that, at some point very early on, I will write a completely captivating entry only to lose it in cyberspace.  I will have to learn not to vent on anyone I know personally, as they could potentially read it and stop sending me Christmas cards.

Will this be a politically correct forum? I see no hands raised. That's good. It means you have been paying attention to me all these years. For instance, if I wanted to comment on "American Idol", you will not be surprised if I refer to that Sanjaya guy in terms that will signify his heritage from a God-forsaken country in this world where the flies are bigger than the meal on your plate.

By the way, I now understand how that kid is surviving from week-to-week when he sounds like Rose Kennedy doing a cabaret act in Vegas. All his calls have been outsourced. If he somehow goes the distance, I am guessing the first contract he will sign is with Dell Computers. And I am thinking he has tons of support in this country. Go into any Seven-11 when they open up the Idol phone lines and tell me if the counter help isn't on a cell phone at the time.

Voila......c'est le blog pour Thursday, March 15, 2007.

My very first blog entry and I spend half of it talking about a lousy American Idol contestant.  What was I thinking?  What were you thinking when you came back here for a second, third, or perhaps a thousandth time?

If you're in the latter, I thank you so much for making this a destination once a day.

And on we go....

Dinner last night:  Beef and shrimp with chow mein noodles from Panda Express. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What gift is appropriate for a blog's fifth anniversary? Miss Manners?