Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Another Shameless Politician


As the lady says below...here we go again...

For some reason, I got this e-mail in my folder.  It wasn't Spam.  It showed up like any friend's note would come to me.  How she got my e-mail address is beyond me.  I later research to discover that this Karen Bass is running to be my Congressional representative.

God help me and Tiny Tim and everyone.  Take a gander at this communication and we'll talk afterwards.  In advance, I apologize for how this all lays out below.  But I wanted to copy it exactly as I received it.

Leonard -- 

Here we go again. Over five years ago President Obama signed the Affordable Care Act into law. And today, we know it is working. Over 90% of Americans have health insurance, and health insurance companies can no longer deny people coverage because of a pre-existing condition. Even Speaker John Boehner decided to sign up for the Affordable Care Act last year.
Yet that didn't stop Speaker Boehner and Tea Party Republicans from passing a budget that would roll back the work that we have done with the healthcare law. And to make it worse, they are once again threatening to shutdown the government in an attempt to repeal the Affordable Care Act.
Can you give $50, $25 or $15 to help me stand up against Republicans who are using the Affordable Care Act for themselves while trying to take healthcare away from millions of Americans?

A few years ago Tea Party Republicans shutdown the government in an attempt to repeal the Affordable Care Act. They are hoping that Americans have forgotten what they did.
But we won't let them.
I hope you can give $50, $25 or $15 to fight Tea Party Republicans' attempts to close the federal government and roll back the work we have done to improve America's healthcare system.

We can't go backwards. Your help will me continue to fight against these attacks that will hurt working Americans.

Sincerely,

KBass_Signature.jpg

Karen Bass
And I'm back live.   Now, if you click on any of the blue highlighted pleas for money, it goes right to a form where you are donating money to get Karen Bass elected.  I'm sure a lot of politicians employ similar chicanery.  But this kind of bullshit is what scares me and should scare you.  
I decided to answer this dummy who clearly needs to stay home and do the wash.  
You picked the wrong person to send this e-mail to.   I have my own business and I am drowning in insurance premiums and medical costs.  I don't qualify for Obamacare because if I did, that would mean I was dirt poor.  Besides my own doctors and my financial consultants advised me sternly to stay completely away from those affordable health exchanges.

I'm also knee deep in horror stories from friends and colleagues who have had benefits removed from them or are now trying to keep up with medical costs because Obamacare has radically and negatively changed the landscape.
Because of this e-mail, I am now behind any politician (and frankly you're all damaged regardless of which side of the aisle you're on) who will demolish the current health plan built by this administration.  It needs to be replaced with something much less radical.

By the way, I will also click below and stop receiving these junk e-mails from a politician who certainly doesn't represent the interests of me or my neighbors. 

So I'm personally out to prevent Karen Bass from being elected to any governmental office.  And you don't have to send me any money to work on your behalf.  I will do it gladly for free.
Dinner last night:  Sandwich and salad.

No comments: