Thursday, November 5, 2015

Moron of the Month - November 2015

Here's one for your Throwback Thursday and it involves this month's Moron, Joy Behar.

About twenty or so years ago, a good friend from college scored the best job of all right after graduation.   He wound up as a segment producer on the Today Show.  And one of his first assignments was to spotlight an up and coming lady comic who would do her act one morning on the show.

So, there was going to be a ladies' night at the Improv and I was invited along to see who was going to be good enough to get the Today Show.   There was a gaggle of geese on stage.   One of them was the dreadful Rita Rudner and, since she ultimately had a career for five minute, logic can escape us.

After seeing six or seven gals, my buddy was stumped.  He couldn't decide.   He turned to me.

"Which one did you like the best?"

Grasping at straws, I said...Joy Behar.

And she got the Today Show gig.   On my say so.

As a result, you can now blame me for her having a career.   I am so sorry, folks.

And, lo and behold, she turns up as this month's Moron.  For her demonic and absolutely ludicrous on that morning hen party called the View.  If you're a fan of that show, there should be a gulag with your name on it.

The damn thing's been on for a hundred years.   And its creator Barbara Walters has already gone off to wherever they retire old furniture.   In her stead, we're saddled with a bunch of idiots and Whoopi Goldberg who hangs around as a reminder that she once had a film career.

And then's there Joy.   Who is hardly that.  She's got the biggest mouth of them all.  With opinions on world events that will astound you.   And there's no surprise on what side of the political fence this deflated basketball lands.   I mean, look at her and a recent guest.
Yep, that's Presidential candidate and borderline Communist Bernie Sanders.   Joy adores him.   

Ugh.

But, specifically, one of her comments really earned this month's accolade as my favorite idiot of the month.

Back when Donald Trump was making fun of the looks of fellow Republican Presidential hopeful Carly Fiorina, Joy led the charge of righteous indignation. How dare he comment on a woman's looks?   What kind of discrimination is this?   Blah, blah, blah.   Come on, girls.  Let's light the brooms and set Trump's house on fire.

Six weeks later, this conclave of clowns on the View is yakking it up about the latest Republican debate.   And who is Joy joking about with regard to her looks?

You guessed it.

What's good for the goose is...well...good for the goose.   This is hypocrisy personified.   Joy Behar should be ashamed of herself.  But, for me, I'd just be happy for her to go the hell away.

Again, my friends, I guess I only have myself to blame.

Dinner last night:  Salad.

No comments: