Thursday, September 22, 2022

A Fistful of Pills


Oh, yeah, this could be my hand every morning.   A big glass of orange juice accompanied by all these vitamins and supplements.  And I have been doing it for over twenty years.   Granted you pee a lot of it out by 10AM.  But, who can argue with this logic?

Since March 2020, I have been in great internal health.   One single sinus infection.  That's been it.   And I never ever got COVID.   Coincidence?  Maybe not.

My now-95-year-old neighbor in Yonkers taught me a long time ago that a single multi-vitamin every morning just doesn't cut it.   Again who am I to argue with this logic?

She's 95, but looks 65.  

Indeed, my morning fistful has developed and expanded over the past two decades.

1.  One-A-Day Multi Vitamin for me: you have to start with a base.

2.  Milk Thistle: enhances liver functions.   When my liver was damaged about seven years due to some arthritis meds, milk thistle helped to repair it.

3.  Apple Cider Vinegar: pill form.

4.  A Probiotic.

5.  Cranberry bill:  helps with the flow if you know what I mean.

6.  CO-Q 10.

7.  Glucosamine Chondroitin:  Helps with joints.   I take 2 every day.

8.  Garlic: not a vampire near me.

9.  Tart Cherry pill.

10. Keratin: promotes health of your hair and nails.

11.  Niacin.

12.  A

13.  B.

14.  C.

15.  D.

16. E.

17.  Citrucel table: daily fiber intake.

18.  Baby Aspirin.

19.  Omega Fish Oils: not the one Larry King used to promote because, after all, he's dead.

20.  Balance of Nature - Fruits: saw this advertised on Fox News and I do feel more energetic.  Three pills every morning.  Along with...

21.  Balance of Nature - Veggies: See # 20.

If you're counting, that's 26 pills every morning.  A lot, you bet.  But...

...how's your COVID recovery.

Dinner last night:  Salad.


No comments: