Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Tuesday, Wednesday, ...


Well, I had a miserable week in NY, so I'm going to have to take it out on somebody. From the looks of it, Major League Baseball is taking the brunt of me today.

---Driving leisurely through a residential neighborhood on Sunday afternoon, I had to slam on the brakes when two idiots walked out aimlessly from between two parked cars. The one guy was so startled that he dropped his bag.

---Which was full of those Awake pamphlets. I almost killed two holy doorknockers.

---The white shirts and black ties should have been the giveaway.

---Jehovah almost showed up faster than they expected.

---Saturday at Shea for the Met-Dodger game was a rarity for me. I didn't enjoy a single moment.

---There was no discernible air to breathe. The place was packed full of idiots who were barely paying attention to the game.

---Mr. Met made a rare appearance in my section. Up close, you realize they have not had that head dry cleaned since probably Mrs. Payson was alive.

---Overheard conversation between two morons on the Shea concession line: Moron #1: "Why are they playing Danny Boy?" Moron #2: "Because it's Italian Heritage Day."

---Yes, Saturday was Irish Appreciation Day. The night before it was Hispanic Night. They even had some chick doing the PA in Spanish.

---What the hell are they doing building a new park next door? They might as well move the whole freakin' franchise to Puerto Rico. I won't be going there either.

---You will be happy to know that Jose Reyes' antics during the National Anthem are not restricted to road games. There he was on Saturday stretching his legs during "Oh Say Can You See."

---This is Error: Willie Randolph. Don't tell me he doesn't see this going on.

---I bet if they saw Lastings Milledge was doing the same thing, they'd be all over him like beans on rice.

---The difference is Reyes is a star and Milledge is not.

---I watch Reyes and I just wish that Pete Rose would come back for one more slide into second.

---Wearing the sharpest cleats Rawlings makes.

--Thursday night, the cameras caught Reyes wearing a towel on his head during a rally like he was in the next graduating class of the Taliban.

---Listening to the obese Jon Miller and the pompous Joe Morgan doing Sunday night baseball on ESPN, I longed for the days of Kiner and McCarver.

---Even Kiner, in his babbling incoherence today, sounds better than those other two jackasses.

---Adrian Bel-tray. Carlos Bel-tron. Idi-ots.

---In the ninth inning of the Sunday night game, the cameras caught a shot of some ten-year-old holding up a sign that said "Stay Tuned for Sportscenter."

---Yeah, right. Because when I was going to Met games at that age, I was always bringing a banner that read "Kiner's Korner coming up after the game."

---Meanwhile, because of the despicable ESPN, the Sunday afternoon game was switched to 8PM and, as a result, killed one of the Mets' top promotions. The one where kids get to run the bases after the game.

---I guess that kid ran the bases dragging his Sportscenter sign.

---A leftover from my airport purgatory last week: A guy in Cincy told me that, during one trip to NY, he had so much trouble getting a return flight, he rented a car and drove ten hours.

---Aw, jeez, I have to root for David Wells now???

Dinner last night: the usual Philippe's french dip ham prior to the Dodger game.

And today...off to Disneyland.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We ate dinner together every night. No surprises.