Saturday, May 31, 2008

The Senior Prom at Scatman Crothers High

I wrote previously that I did not have a senior prom. Well, there was one. 20 Black couples went to the Apollo Theater. For a host of reasons, I didn't qualify. But, I wonder if the pictures below would be representative of what I might have seen that night. Props to Mr. Anonymous from the Barbara Judith Deluxe Furnished Apartments on Hollywood Boulevard for pointing these out to me. Of course, we find these photos amusing now. But, what happens next January if we see similar snapshots coming out of the next Presidential Inaugural Ball.


No other words from me are needed.






Dinner last night: Hamburger at the Tap House in Tuckahoe.

NYC Celebrity Sighting: Robert Klein walking slowly and gingerly down Sixth Avenue.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the "Red Carpet." Perfectly ghetto. This deserves sequels.