Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year and The Future of this Blog


Happy 2009!

The more astute readers of Len Speaks will notice that this picture has been showing up in my profile for a month or so. I finally decided to use it here primarily because I am slowly coming out of the internet shadows. Most of you know what I look like anyway. Those of you who haven't seen me in a number of years can be assured that you still haven't: this picture was taken at least seven years ago. But, I really don't look that much different today and this is probably one of the only good pictures I have ever taken, although my hair stylist these days is much better. I use it here because it exemplifies my bi-coastal lifestyle, my humor, and also includes some terrific product placement for Coca-Cola.

This picture now symbolizes some more peeling back of the curtain that will unfold in this blog over the next several months. There will be more memories and older pictures which I will fish out of my NY apartment archives for use here. The Sunday Memory Drawer has emerged as a bottomless well of lifetime images that are effectively forming here my memoirs. But, unfortunately, I will, from time to time, run dry of funny things my parents and grandparents have done or said. They've all been dead for ten to twenty years and, unless I miss my guess, they are not acting as silly as they once were.

I plan to let you in a bit more on my other writing, which I have kept hidden for no other reason than I simply don't trust the copyright laws in America. For instance, on one of our projects, we will be doing another showcase table read early in 2009. I will share that event here for the first time. I'll also open up on some other personal topics within the realm of good taste. Those of you waiting to see ultrasounds from my groin surgery in 2000 will, however, continue to be disappointed.

As I close in on 700 daily posts and the two year anniversary in March, I also would like to open up this forum to you. We had one guest blogger here. I'd like some more. If you want to take over for a day, I'd gladly transcribe your thoughts so that people can get equally as mad at you as they do with me. Just let me know and these KBs can be yours.

Of course, this picture now documents me in the annals of cyberspace. There is now a visual record of me and it can be used for purposes of identification. This may be troublesome. Because, at some point in the next month or so, the Obama Thought Police will be re-opening those Japanese internment camps that used to be found in California during World War II. I figure one of those places could be my next home after I solidify my standing in their eyes as a racist when I make the innocent written assertion that turkey gravy is indeed brown.

Dinner last night: New Year's Eve dinner of ribeye steak at Jar.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

1. I agree. Nice picture. And you do look basically the same.

2. You were missed last night, Mr. Anonymous from the BJ Apartments.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that picture of you!

Len said...

You would. You took it.

Anonymous said...

Get out of town! That's the second time in two days that I've complimented something only to be told I was behind that object. Calling the Wizard of Oz, calling the Wizard - one memory please!

Len said...

Yep, at the Farmer's Market after I gave you a ride to that quilt store in Santa Monica.

Anonymous said...

Just now seeing Djinn's comment. Please don't refer to my pad as the BJ Apartments. Could be misinterpreted