Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Idol Chatter, 9 into 8

The Wednesday morning quarterback gets the ball again.

---Did I hear that right? Sanjaya said, "Welcome to the Universe of Sanjaya?" I no longer wanted him only voted off. I now am pushing for his deportation. Especially after we got to see his father/grandfather. Who was manning the stockroom at RiteAid? I liked the greasy hair look on Sanjaya. Yeech. Obviously, there's some Vitalis on the shelves where Dad/Gramps works. The whole look was again bizarre. Like Fred Astaire lost in Bollywood.

---Was it me or did Tony Bennett look like he just walked in from the Men's Wearhouse? The 42 regulars are next to the wall, Tony. I have never been a fan. He always seems to be saying, "Look at me, I'm singing."

---I loved what Gina did with "Smile." I'm even more delighted that she mentioned it was written by Charlie Chaplin. Most people think Jerry Lewis wrote it. Jerry Lewis thinks that Jerry Lewis wrote it.

---So, the servicemen in Iraq have Haley banners. Gee, I wonder why. So, I am guessing that, in one of those Hummer tanks, you'll find a couple of rifles, Haley's picture, and a box of tissues.

---As much as I like Lakisha, who's going to tell her that the Cotton Club is closed?

---I am thinking Phil is a goner. He's been bottom 3 the past few weeks and I have to agree with Simon: tonight he seemed funereal. I expected to see bronze caskets on display behind him.

---I am thinking Melinda could get a good review by just singing "I've Got a Lovely Bunch of Cocoanuts." But, it would be even funnier if Haley sang that.

No comments: