Tuesday, January 1, 2008

# 302! Happy New Year!!

Two wonderful celebrations on one day. The passage of 2007 into 2008. And my 300th plus post in this series of dribbling that I began last March.

As I look back and read how I have bared my soul in this forum, I am seeing that some very interesting factoids about me have slipped through the cracks. Here's 10 little-known trivia bits about my world that somehow wound up on the blog cutting room floor.

1. I have one single cup of coffee every day at the office. I will only drink it Monday through Friday around 930AM.

2. Since I was a kid, I cannot eat donuts or most pastries. They give me a case of acid reflux that is absolutely annoying.

3. The first movie I ever saw on the big screen was "Tom Thumb" at the Loews Mt. Vernon.

4. I have exclusively owned or leased nothing but Toyotas since I started driving.

5. I have never ever puffed on any type of cigarette---tobacco or otherwise.

6. I am a regular contributing member to the Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt Foundation.

7. I saw my first dead person at the age of 4!

8. I have had just three pets in my entire life: a beagle named Tuffy, a parakeet named Happy, and a goldfish named Goldie.

8. I played the guitar for six months until blisters drove me away. I can still play the "Bonanza" TV theme.

9. I once had the opportunity to interview Groucho Marx for a student newspaper, but he cancelled one hour before.

10. I never buy gas from either Exxon or Mobil. That is my small boycott against the larger oil conglomerates.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, ALL!!

Dinner last night: Lasagna.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Len: Happy New Year. And it's good to see I'm not the only one who won't buy from Exxon or Mobil.

Be happy -- and e-mail when you're coming to NYC.

Len said...

And Happy New Year to you as well, Puck.

Anonymous said...

I, too, have never smoked tobacco. I am haunted to this day by the nicotine stains on Dad's fingtips. He puffed unfiltered Camels. Once or twice I smoked weed and did inhale, unlike some former Presidents. It gave me a sore throat. Who needs that?

Your one cup of coffee a day trumps my no cup.

Anonymous said...

Did not know that you had any pets after Tuffy. Are the bird and fish still with us or have they joined Tuffy in pet heaven?

Why the interest in the Roosevelt Foundation?

Happy New Year, Len.

Len said...

Actually, the parakeet and the fish preceded Tuffy. The parakeet flew out of a kitchen window that was left open. The goldfish was found dead on the baseboard of my room one morning in an apparent attempt to escape.

While my grandmother would disagree, I think FDR was the last great President this country had. And given the fools that are running on both sides in 2008, nobody can really dispute that.

Anonymous said...

I sometimes am less than proud of my not having tried at least one gateway drug. Oh well, too late to be anything other than goody two shoes.