Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Hell No, Wednesday Won't Go!


They're not on the job. But, I am...

---Yesterday, I honked my support to the picketing writers as I drove past Fox on the way home.

---Funny how I will do that but I won't acknowledge the protesters who are always outside the Federal Building.

---That's because I could care less about abuses being done in countries where the flies are bigger than the food on your plate.

---Usually, when I drive past those demonstrations, I always point.

---Upward.

---If you want to make a difference in your homeland country, can I suggest you fly back there?

---With a one-way ticket.

---How long does the Writers strike have to go before they will cancel "Caveman?"

---Lots of residual effect from the strike, no pun intended.

---Does anybody realize how many 75 inch plasma TVs will go unsold this Christmas?

---Actors won't cross the picket lines. That's because the writers didn't put it in the stage directions.

---The producers are making money hand over fist with internet downloads, DVDs, etc. and won't share it.

---I'm betting Mercedes and Jaguar dealers are sweating this out.

---They're not writing, but wait till you see how many unsolicited screenplays start turning up all over town as soon as this thing is over.

---But, there is good news. SNL writers are on strike, too.

---Actually, I think that's been the case since 1988.

---I watched about five minutes of SNL last weekend. It was like receiving a cortisone needle to the brain. Brian Williams was the host and lost all journalistic credibility in my book.

---It was as if they asked Preppie Killer Robert Chambers to lecture at Sarah Lawrence.

---While the SNL writers are out on the picket line, they should watch PBS' documentary on Carol Burnett.

---Now that was how you wrote sketch comedy.

---Of course, they dragged out Barack Obama who came out wearing a Barack Obama mask. Which is fitting because nobody knows who the real Obama is.

---I am mystified how much they rely on cue cards on that show. Nobody makes eye contact. They're all looking offstage for their next line.

---It's bad enough our President does that.

---Once again, everybody needs to watch Carol Burnett.

---So now, they're coming out with more baseball names who have taken steroids. It's funny because all these knuckleheads suddenly conjure up some rare medical conditions that required them to take these drugs.

---But, how come they didn't get their prescriptions from a doctor? Everybody is seeing this Florida dentist.

---I go to the dentist three times a year and all I get is a tube of Prevident.

---Maybe that's a performance enhancer? I'll have to see if I can catch a 95 MPH fastball in my mouth.

---I know that, after I get my teeth cleaned, I don't walk out twenty pounds heavier.

---I watched the Joe Torre press conference the other day. It was pure pomp and circumstance as Joe, his wife, the McCourts, and Vin Scully marched to the centerfield podium.

---The only things missing were a casket and some bagpipes.

---Compared to the screwballs in NY, managing the LA media will be a breeze for Joe.

---Except for those two Asian broads who kept asking him what he thought about his Japanese and Chinese players.

---Airlift, please.

---In the future, Joe should ignore them unless they're there to give his wife a pedicure.

---And what was that reporter from National Public Radio doing there?

---"So, Joe, what's your opinion of socialized medicine in Bosnia?"

Dinner last night: Chicken-apple sausage with red cabbage.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wasn't it a dis to Tommy Lasorda that he wasn't in the entourage that walked to the podium? He should've been included. Leave Mrs McCourt at the hot dog stand.

Len said...

Tommy has been having some walking issues, which is why they brought him out earlier in a golf cart.